Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Vacation Day No 5 of 18: What I’ve been doing today















I haven’t exactly been doing what the picture shows, but I have spent my entire day from 0930 till 1700 at Uhre motor racing field about 30 km outside Herning, where my uncle Hans (he is the one in the yellow shirt on the picture, and he ended up in 3rd place!) has been participating in the Veteran motocross games. I watched the two races he was in, at 10 and at 1330, both lasted about 30 minutes – the rest of the day I’ve been reading a Discworld novel: “The lost continent”, I’ve actually been sleeping the car for a couple of hours and I’ve been writing in my notebook; thoughts on how come I actually volunteered to spend my day in the middle of nowhere with a large amount of dirt and noise everywhere and nothing much else…. Oh well, the things we do for the people we care for! And of course, watching the actual races isn’t that bad really.

And tomorrow we’ll spend about 12 hours in the car I guess, driving from here to Untersteinach in the south east part of Germany. When I get there, that’s when I’ll feel that my vacation has finally started. The only drawback being that while we’re in Untersteinach there won’t be any fast internet access available – so only emails and no blogging! Oh well, you can never really have it all, can you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home