Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What I think about my Polar Pulse monitor…

Last summer I spent about 1100 NOK buying a Polar Pulse monitor/wrist watch when I was on holiday in Germany. It’s a great thing to have to make sure you keep up the pace when training. And it was great, for about half a year. Then in January it started “acting up” on me. It either wouldn’t show my heart rate at all, or it would show a way to high heart rate. So I sent it to the service office in Oslo, and got it back about a week later with the message that it works fine and that I needed to make sure I clean it properly every time I use it!

I have made sure to clean it properly every time I’ve used it, since the time I bought it. And it still doesn’t work properly. Every time I use it, sometimes it still has trouble monitoring my heart rate or it shows a heart rate of about 220. Since I know for a fact that my max heart rate is 189, this is just not possible – it certainly isn’t possible when I even stop my training when this happens, sit down and wait for the monitor to be “normal” again – this sometimes takes several minutes – or suddenly it drops to 0!

Now I’m thinking maybe I should just donate the damned thing to Polar, along with a message saying that as I’m either about to die from my heart exploding (which it must be when I can have a heart rate of about 220 for 5 – 10 minutes at a time) or actually am dead already(which I must be when the pulse monitor can go on showing 0 heart beats for 5 – 10 minutes at a time) – I thought that they could perhaps find a new home for this Polar pulse monitor – that according to them, works just fine!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home