Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, August 17, 2006

2 weeks

It’s 2 weeks till I move to England, and it still just seems so far away – it’s like the reality of it hasn’t hit me yet. I lie in my bed at night trying to imagine that in a couple of weeks time I’ll be in England, not on vacation, but for a very long time, actually living there, completely changing my life, but I still can’t imagine it – is that weird? I keep wondering when reality is going to hit me, emotionally – because mentally, of course I understand what’s happening, I’m just not feeling it yet, and this I find strange.

As I’ve written earlier I still don’t have a permanent place to live when I get to England and finding a B&B turned out to be harder than I thought as “The Goodwood Revival” is on for the weekend of 1st to 3rd of September. This is some kind of veteran race car thing that happens every year I think, and it brings lots of people to town so obviously all hotels and B&Bs have been fully booked for months in Chichester and the area around. I thought that this could be a problem, and that I might end up having to live somewhere an hour or more away from Chichester when I got there – fortunately the university could help me. As most students don’t arrive till mid-September, I’ve been offered a room at the university’s Bognor Regis Campus till the 14th of September. This is great, it’ll give me a chance to search for a flat, and if I can’t find one it will also give me a chance to get to know both Chichester and Bognor Regis and find a nice B&B that I can book myself into after the 14th of September. So sorry to all my friends who’d been planning to come visit and knock on my door on the 2nd of September or something….. you’ll have to wait a little bit longer than that.

And I keep thinking about Friday the 1st of September, about getting up in the morning (or rather night as I’ll have to leave at 4am to get to the airport around 6), my parents will drive me to the airport, I’ll check in my baggage (which will weigh WAY to much and will cost me a fortune to bring to England), say goodbye to my parents (which will probably be tough, both me and my mum being a bit emotional about these things), waiting for the plane, getting to Heathrow a quarter past 9, having a taxi from Chichester pick me up (which isn’t as expensive as you should think as this company in Chichester has special deals for airport transfer, around £60, and with all the luggage I’ll be bringing – it’ll be worth it!), arriving at Bognor Regis Campus around 12, checking into my room – and then…. Well, I’ll probably inspect Bognor Regis, find out where I must go to get the bus or train to Chichester for my 9 o’clock assembly at the university on Saturday morning, in the evening I might check out the local bar on campus “The Macklin” but probably won’t be very late because I’ve been up since the middle of the night.

This seems to be a very likely “plan” for my moving day, and thinking about it, well it still seems unreal – and honestly, the only thing that’s been worrying me about this so far is: “It probably won’t be a TV in my room”. Let’s hope that will be the biggest of my worries!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home