Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, June 22, 2007

Dentist

As I told you about my tooth problem yesterday, I thought I’d just follow that one up today and letting the world now that the dentist did not pull any teeth from my mouth today. He said that I’ve got an infection, gave me some antibiotics and said that when I’m through with that we’ll have to have another look at the tooth and see if it needs to come out. I hope not. I used to be terribly afraid of dentists, I’m not anymore – I still don’t like having teeth pulled though. For now I’m waiting for the antibiotics to kick in and make at least some of the pain go away – and whilst waiting for that, I’m eating painkillers.

And I’m not going to Strömstad for the weekend, but as the weather kind of… sucks… I’m really not that upset about having to change my plans and stay at home. I might try to get some writing done, or just watch some movies. I’m very good at buying DVDs all the time, but not that good at getting around to watching them. At the moment, I’ve got the following movies on my shelf waiting to be watched:

Babel
Munich
Big Fish
The Wind that Shakes the Barley
28 days later
The Grudge
Dawn of the dead
Oljeberget (A documentary about the Norwegian Prime Minister)
Seven years in Tibet
Gangs of New York
Collateral
Road to Perdition
Chicago
Master & Commander
Black Books (The 1st series)

And I’ve also recently bought ‘9 ½ weeks’ which I’m meaning to watch again soon. Haven’t seen it for at least 15 years and I quite enjoyed it the last time so thought I’d give it another go.

Hmmm, seems like this blog post ended up being more about other stuff than about going to the dentist, so perhaps I should consider changing the title…? Nope, just can’t be bothered.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Start with The Wind that Shakes the Barley. I've seen it 4 times and it's fantastic. Hugs from me

     

Post a Comment

<< Home