Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Saturday, August 04, 2007

That’s that then: result from the novel competition

I got a letter from Schibsted publisher today saying:

We have now found our winner of the novel competition.
Unfortunately your manuscript wasn’t the winner.
We thank you for letting us read it and wish you the best of luck.


So that’s that then, I didn’t win.

Yes, I am disappointed, not so much that I didn’t win – but I have to admit, I thought this might at least be a manuscript that they would’ve wanted to publish outside the competition. But this is also part of being a writer; no one has ever said it was going to be easy. So, I’ll just have to keep writing and sending things off to the publishers when I feel it is good enough.

Now I’ll have to keep working on this manuscript and edit the things I didn’t have time to edit before I sent it off to this competition. After all, there is another, quite similar competition, with another publisher, that has a deadline on the 1st of November, only in that competition the prize is bigger and you get the chance to be published in all of the Nordic countries. I guess that’s what I’ll be doing next with this manuscript, because I still think I’ve got a good story and that it is good enough to be published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home