Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Vikings sacrified humans

It is always very interesting when I find articles in the media about the Viking Age. Today there’s an article in the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet about how evidence is now found that Danish Vikings sacrificed humans around year 1000. This has of course immediately inspired new stories in my mind. I am right now working on book number 11, and this story is pretty much finished, so it won’t be in this book that I use this new fact. But I’m pretty sure it will come up in one of my later books.

Last night I watched a program on National Geographic Channel called Barbarians. This is a TV-series about people who are traditionally viewed as barbarians, but when studied closer it is found that they are more highly evolved than anyone would have thought. And the program last night was about Vikings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home