Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Eurovision Song Contest: Belgium, Lithuania and Russia

Belgium
Witloof Bay
– With love baby
Belgium is one of the founding members of the Eurovision Song Contest, and except for three times, it’s been in the Eurovision Song Contest every year since the beginning in 1956. They have won the competition 1 time, and failed to qualify for the final 5 times in the last 6 years. And I’m afraid they won’t do very well this year either. Not using any instruments is probably quite rare this contest, and I’m sure quite a few people will enjoy this, but for me, it just isn’t my cup of tea, at all. I can see that this song certainly has its qualities, but I don’t think they will go very far in Eurovision Song Contest.
Belgium – 2 points




Lithuania
Evalina Sašenko – C’est ma vie

Lithuania has participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 11 times since 1994, and not done very well so far. Once they’ve come in number 6, but usually has ended up close to the bottom of the Final list, and 4 times they haven’t even qualified for the final.
This year’s entry, C’est ma vie, is an attempt to do one of those huge, powerful ballads, and Evalina sure has a great voice, but… to me this just gets a bit boring. There have been some huge, great ballads in Eurovision Song Contest before, but this is not one of them I’m afraid, despite the singer’s good voice. So this will probably be one of those years when Lithuania won’t even qualify for the final.
Lithuania – 2 points




Russia
Alexej Vorobjov – Get you

Russia first appeared in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1994, and has participated 14 times since then. They’ve won the competition once, in 2008, and their worst placement has been as number 17.This year’s entry is a happy party-song sung by a quite cute, young man by the name Alexej, and I like this. It’s not one of my top favourites this year, but it’s not bad either. And I think Russia will do quite well in this year’s competition.
Russia – 7 points


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home