Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The rumours of my death….

No, I have not gone to England and died – I’ve just not had any internet connection for my laptop – and have also not been able to locate any internet café’s in my local area so that’s why I’ve been so quiet. Now I’ve got my login information to the university’s web system, and I’ve also been given access to their wireless connection when I bring my laptop to their IT-rooms. Won’t get any access from the room I’ve got on campus though, so for now I’ll have to do without that in the evenings. Hopefully I’ll find a flat pretty soon. I saw one yesterday, and I really liked it – unfortunately the estate agent had misunderstood the landlord and they were not going to let out the flat furnished – and I just can’t be bothered with renting something that’s not furnished, that will just be too much of a hassle.

It’s been some hectic days since I got here. We had registration and our first short session on Saturday, and on Sunday we had our first real session at Uppark. This is a large mansion from the 1600s, and it was rather excellent walking around there for inspiration and then working on the exercises that we were given. By the end of the session the whole group (we’re 11 persons) sat down and discussed what we’d done.

I am doing an awful lot of walking these days. I could of course be using a taxi, but I like to walk to get the area, both Bognor Regis where I’m staying now and Chichester where I’m studying and will hopefully find a flat soon.

Well, I’ve got work to do – got to check the net for available flats and then go see the agents!


I’m including a picture I took yesterday of my university.

And oh – yeah, one of the most excellent things with being here is that it’s still summer. We’ve got about 20 - 25 degrees, and coming from an autumn in beginning in Norway that’s just great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home