Life, the universe and ... oh, whatever ...

Friday, April 29, 2011

Eurovision Song Contest: Austria, San Marino and Switzerland

Austria
Nadine Beiler – The Secret is lov
e
Austria first entered the Eurovision Song Contest in 1957 and has participated in the competition 43 times in the last 54 years. They have however not been in the competition since 2007, so this year is kind of a come-back for them. They have won the Eurovision Song Contest once, in 1966, but has also quite often not done it very well, and in 2005 and 2007 they didn’t manage to qualify for the final, which I thought was a bit unfair in 2007 because I quite liked Eric Papilaya singing Get a life – Get alive. This year’s entry however…
For me it sounds as if Nadine is in pain when singing this song, it’s as if every word coming out of her mouth must be forced out, in pain, and I don’t like it. And I know I'm repeating myself, but there are a lot of these songs this year: boring, it just doesn't do anything for me. So, I’m afraid this is another:
Austria – 2 points




San Marino
Senit – Stand by
San Marino has only been in the Eurovision Song Contest once before, in 2008, and they did not qualify for the final.
This year they’re back with Senit and I’m sorry, but I don’t think they’ll make it to the final this year either. The ballad is ok, but… yes, you guessed it right: boring. The song does no impression on me what so ever, and I forget it the minute it’s over. And here’s something else you can probably guess:
San Marino – 2 points



Switzerland
Anna Rossinelli – In love for a while

Switzerland hosted the first Eurovision Song Contest in 1956 and also ended up winning it, since then they've been in all the competition except for 4 years, but they've not won it since 1956. The last four years they’ve not managed to qualify for the final, which is a shame, because I quite enjoyed both DJ Bobo – Vampires are alive, in 2007, and Michael von der Heide last year with Il pleut de l’or.
But this year it’s Anna singing In love for a while, and I like this. It’s a song that makes me happy from the beginning, it’s light, like floating on a cloud. Ok, so it isn’t good enough to absolutely love, but I hope it will at least make it through to the final.
Switzerland – 6 points


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home